Southern Nevada Trauma System
A trauma system is a network of EMS agencies and hospitals that provide specialized care for injured patients and promotes injury prevention and control initiatives. The system facilitates appropriate triage and transportation of trauma victims to health care facilities that can provide the best care.
It also promotes rehabilitation services to help reduce long-term disability and maximize the potential for injured patients to return to their prior level of functional capacity and reintegration into the community.
The goals of a trauma care delivery system are to:
- Reduce the incidence and severity of injuries
- Improve the health outcome of those who are injured by ensuring timely and equal access to the most appropriate health care resources
- Promote efficient, cost-effective delivery of care
- Implement performance improvement activities to ensure quality care throughout the system
- Advocate for sufficient resources to meet the needs of the injured in the community
Updated on: January 20, 2021