The health district has birth certificates for Clark County births from 1973 to the present.
|Birth Certificate Fees||Purchase of First Certificate||Each Additional Copy|
Personal checks are not accepted as payment for birth certificates.
It takes a minimum of two weeks for the health district to receive a new birth certificate from the hospital.
Clark County Births Before 1973
Birth certificates for people born in Clark County before 1973 are available at the Nevada State Office of Vital Records by phone at (775) 684-4242 or through their website at http://dhhs.nv.gov.
Records for Births Outside of Clark County
Birth records for people born outside Clark County, but in Nevada, are available at the Nevada State Office of Vital Records by phone at (775) 684-4242 or through their website at http://dhhs.nv.gov.
For records of people born outside the state of Nevada, contact the vital records department in that birth state. Visit the National Center for Health Statistics to find out where to get a birth certificate in the state where the birth occurred.
Ordering a Birth Certificate
Birth certificates can be requested by one of the following methods:
You can request a birth certificate in person at:
- Southern Nevada Health District Main Facility
- 280 S. Decatur Blvd.
- Submit requests using iPad kiosks located in the lobby area
- Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, money order, cashier’s checks, and business checks are accepted. Valid photo identification is required (e.g. driver’s license, passport)
Southern Nevada Health District – Vital Records Office
Attn: Vital Records
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, NV 89127
- Payment for online orders is requested once we have confirmed you are a qualified applicant and that the birth certificate is registered with the State of Nevada.
- Applications received without valid photo identification will not be processed. It is your responsibility to ensure a copy of your identification is properly submitted.
- Birth certificates are sent regular mail through the U.S. Postal Service.
Phone: (702) 759-1010
Updated on: May 14, 2019