The health district has death certificates for Clark County deaths from 1988 to the present.
|Death Certificate Fees
|Purchase of First Certificate
|Each Additional Copy
Personal checks are not accepted as payment for death certificates.
Clark County Deaths Before 1988
Death certificates for people who died in Clark County before 1988 are available at the Nevada State Office of Vital Records by phone at (775) 684-4242 or through their website at http://dhhs.nv.gov.
Records for Deaths Outside of Clark County
Death records for people who died outside Clark County, but in Nevada, are available at the Nevada State Office of Vital Records by phone at (775) 684-4242 or through their website at http://dhhs.nv.gov.
For records of people who died outside the state of Nevada, contact the vital records department in the state where they died. Visit the National Center for Health Statistics to find out where to get a death certificate in the state where the death occurred.
Ordering a Death Certificate
Death certificates can be requested by one of the following methods:
You can request a death certificate in person at:
- Southern Nevada Health District Main Facility
- 280 S. Decatur Blvd.
- Submit requests using iPad kiosks located in the lobby area
- Monday – Friday 8 a.m – 4:15 p.m
Cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, money order, cashier’s checks, and business checks are accepted. Valid photo identification is required.
Southern Nevada Health District – Vital Records Office
Attn: Vital Records
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, NV 89127
- Payment for online orders is requested once we have confirmed you are a qualified applicant and that the death certificate is registered with the State of Nevada.
- Applications received without valid photo identification will not be processed. It is your responsibility to ensure a copy of your identification is properly submitted.
- Death certificates are sent regular mail through the U.S. Postal Service.
- All agency requests done by mail or in person must be completed on company letterhead and include the name of decedent, date of death (approximate date if exact date is unknown), specific purpose for which the certificate will be used, signature and date.
Updated on: January 14, 2019