Ordering a Death Certificate
Death certificates can be requested online or by mail only.
A qualified applicant is:
- The informant listed on the record
- A direct family member by blood or marriage
- Requirement imposed by law
- To facilitate legal process.
- If you are named as a beneficiary or in a will, proof is required.
- If you are acting on behalf of the executor of estate, beneficiary or someone inheriting from the deceased person copies of legal documents are required to prove authority.
- Payment will be requested by email after the request has been reviewed, please allow 2-3 business days.
- SHIP TO/MAIL requests will arrive via first class mail.
- PICK UP:
- Your order will be available for pick up once you have receipt of payment.
- Pick up hours are Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Certificates using the pickup option will only be held for 5 business days from the date payment was made and will then be mailed to address listed within the application.
- Certificates will only be released to the requestor.
BY MAIL: Personal checks are not accepted.
Mail a money order (payable to SNHD) along with a completed Birth Certificate Application and all required documents to:
- Southern Nevada Health District
Attn: Vital Records
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, NV 89127
MAIL requests will arrive via first class mail.
To waive the $13 registration fee (attached to the purchase of the first certificate), proof of prior payment must be verified. The $13.00 registration fee will not be refunded once payment is made.
|Death Certificate Fees||Purchase of First Certificate||Each Additional Copy|
Updated on: July 6, 2021