Policies & Regulations
Parental Consent for Immunization of a Minor Policy
Except as otherwise provided in NRS 450B.525 and subsection 4 of NRS 450B.525, clients will follow the procedure for immunization of a minor.
- If the minor is with a parent or legal guardian who will give permission and accept responsibility for the minor’s health care, the parent or legal guardian must sign the Vaccine Administration Record.
- If the minor is alone, permission may be obtained by calling the parent or legal guardian who can give permission and accept responsibility for the minor’s health care. Another SNHD employee, or employee of the business being served, must be present as a witness at the time the phone call is placed. Confirmation of the identification of the person on the phone is done and permission is documented in the nursing notes, and signed by the nurse and the witness. The witness may be any other SNHD employee, or employee of the business being served.
- Written authorization from the parent or legal guardian is acceptable, but the minor must be accompanied by another adult. The minor cannot be alone.
- If the minor is alone or with an adult who is not their legal guardian and permission cannot be obtained, they must be instructed to return with written authorization from their parent or legal guardian, or accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Exceptions to the above are documented on the Emancipated Minor Consent Form and include:
- The minor that is legally emancipated and has paperwork stating such;
- Living apart from his or her parents or legal guardian, with or without the consent of the parent, parents or legal guardian, and has so lived for a period of at least 5 months;
- Married or has been married;
- A mother, or has borne a child.
La póliza también está disponible en español.
Please be aware that any information you supply may be subject to disclosure pursuant to Nevada’s public record laws, contained in Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) Chapter 239, or pursuant to subpoena or court order. The health district does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any information about health district website visitors unless required by law enforcement or otherwise required by law.
During a visit to the health district website, if the website is simply browsed or information downloaded, certain information will be gathered and stored automatically about the visit. This information does not identify you personally. Collection and analysis of this information in the aggregate will help us enhance site performance, improve informational materials available on our website, and improve overall customer service.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the health district employs software programs to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
This website also contains links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for, and make no representations or endorsements with respect to, third-party websites or with respect to any information, products or services that may be provided by or through such websites.
Use of Information from the Southern Nevada Health District Website
Users may freely print any information that they obtain from the health district website. Permission to use documents such as reports and data sheets from this website is granted provided that:
- Use of such documents from this website is for informational or personal use only.
- No modifications of any documents are made.
All such documents and related graphics are provided as is. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the health district website.
Elements of the health district website may be protected by copyright and trademark law and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. The health district may make improvements or changes in this information at any time. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non- infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this site or links to other Internet resources.
For permissible use of copy and/or photos other than listed above, contact email@example.com outlining your needs and intended use in detail.
Other District-Wide Policies
Updated on: July 8, 2021