SOUTHERN NEVADA DISTRICT BOARD OF HEALTH
July 23, 2020 – 9:00 A.M.
Meeting will be conducted via Webex Event
This meeting is being conducted consistent with the Governor’s March 22, 2020 Declaration of Emergency Directive 006 as extended by the Governor’s March 31, 2020, Declaration of Emergency Directive 010
- From a computer, use the Webex Event Link:
- To call into the meeting:
- dial (415) 655-0003 and;
- enter Access Code: 133 258 5847
- For other governmental agencies who use video conferencing capability;
- the Video Address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the Chair
- The Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration
- The Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- FIRST PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public about those items appearing on the agenda. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please clearly state your name and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.There will be two public comment periods. To submit public comment on either public comment period on individual agenda items or for general public comments:
- By Webex: Use the Webex link above. You will be able to provide real-time chat-room messaging, which can be read into the record by a Southern Nevada Health District employee or by raising your hand during the public comment period and a Southern Nevada Health District employee will unmute your connection. Additional Instructions will be provided at the time of public comment.
- By email: email@example.com. For comments submitted prior to and during the live meeting, include your name, zip code, the agenda item number on which you are commenting, and your comment. Please indicate whether you wish your email comment to be read into the record during the meeting or added to the backup materials for the record. If not specified, comments will be added to the backup materials.
- ADOPTION OF THE JULY 23, 2020 AGENDA (for possible action)
- CONSENT AGENDA: Items for action to be considered by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health which may be enacted by one motion. Any item may be discussed separately per Board Member request before action. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval.
- APPROVE MINUTES/BOARD OF HEALTH MEETING: June 25, 2020 (for possible action)
- PETITION #01-21: Approval of Biocontainment Cube System and Curtain Divider System Lease Agreements for Use at the Non-Congregate Shelter Between Southern Nevada Health District and Ahern Rentals, Inc.; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #02-21: Approval of Insurance Coverage Renewal Through Nevada Public Agency Insurance Pool (POOL/PACT) for the Southern Nevada Health District’s general liability, business auto, property, employment practices, cyber risk, and environment, Coverage Period 7/1/2020 – 7/1/2021; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #03-21: Approval of Interlocal Agreement for Contact Tracing Services Between Southern Nevada Health District and Clark County, Nevada on Behalf of the Department of Family Services; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #04-21: Approval of the Amendment to the Interlocal Service Agreement C2000093, Between Southern Nevada Health District and Las Vegas Metro Police Department, to Collaborate on Training and Enhancement Related to Pre-arrest and Pre-trial Diversion for Those with Substance Use and Those Vulnerable to Overdose. The Amendment Extends the Period or Performance to August 31, 2021 and Will Allow for Completion of Specified Trainings Within the Scope of Work to Enhance Officer Lead Diversion that Were Delayed Due to Travel Restrictions Related to COVID-19; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #05-21: Approval of Amendment to the Existing Service Agreement C1900036 Between Southern Nevada Health District and Info-Tech Research Group for Strategy, Governance, Security, Policy and Operational Consulting and Related Activities; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #06-21: Approval of Insurance Coverage Renewal Through Chubb Insurance for the Southern Nevada Health District’s Medical/Professional Liability, Coverage Period 8/1/2020 – 8/1/2021; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PUBLIC HEARING / ACTION: Members of the public are allowed to speak on Public Hearing / Action items after the Board’s discussion and prior to their vote. Each speaker will be given five (5) minutes to address the Board on the pending topic. No person may yield his or her time to another person. In those situations where large groups of people desire to address the Board on the same matter, the Chair may request that those groups select only one or two speakers from the group to address the Board on behalf of the group. Once the public hearing is closed no additional public comment will be accepted.
- There are no items to be heard.
- REPORT / DISCUSSION / ACTION
- Receive Report, Discuss and Approve the Structure for Town Hall Meetings for District Health Officer Recruitment; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- BOARD REPORTS: The Southern Nevada District Board of Health members may identify and comment on Health District related issues. Comments made by individual Board members during this portion of the agenda will not be acted upon by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health unless that subject is on the agenda and scheduled for action. (Information Only)
- HEALTH OFFICER & STAFF REPORTS (Information Only)
- CHO Comments
- COVID Update
- COVID Online Test Results Portal
- Non-Congregate Shelter Facility Update
- INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
- SECOND PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public, if any, and discussion of those comments, about matters relevant to the Board’s jurisdiction will be held. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote. See above for instructions for submitting public comment.
NOTE: Disabled members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify Michelle Cintron in Administration at the Southern Nevada Health District by calling (702) 759-1201.
THIS AGENDA HAS BEEN PUBLICLY NOTICED on the Southern Nevada Health District’s Website at https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/about-us/public-meetings/, the Nevada Public Notice website at https://notice.nv.gov, and a copy will be provided to any person who has requested one via U.S mail or electronic mail. All meeting notices include the time of the meeting, access instructions, and the meeting agenda. For copies of agenda backup material, please contact Michelle Cintron or Andrea Green at (702) 759-1201.