SOUTHERN NEVADA DISTRICT BOARD OF HEALTH
June 22, 2017 — 8:30 A.M.
Southern Nevada Health District
280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107
Red Rock Trail Room A and B
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 241.020 requires that written notice of all meetings of the Southern Nevada District Board of Health be given at least three working days before the meetings. The notice shall include the time, place, location, and agenda of the meeting. Individuals may request notice, but a request for notice lapses six months after it is made. The Southern Nevada District Board of Health informs each requester of this fact by this notation on this copy of the notice mailed to them.
- Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the Chair
- The Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration
- The Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Environmental Health Badging Ceremony
- Environmental Health Badging Ceremony
- PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public about those items appearing on the agenda. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board of majority vote.
- ADOPTION OF THE JUNE 22, 2017 AGENDA (for possible action)
- CONSENT AGENDA: Items for action to be considered by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health which may be enacted by one motion. Any item may be discussed separately per Board Member request before action. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval.
- APPROVE MINUTES/BOARD OF HEALTH MEETING: May 25, 2017 (for possible action)
- PETITION #16-17: For possible action to approve Southern Nevada Geographic Information Interlocal Contract between Southern Nevada Health District and County of Clark, State of Nevada for five years at $8,000 per year for basic GIS services, including spatial and tabular data, digital imagery and aerial datasets; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary
- PETITION #18-17: For possible action to approve the Interlocal Contract C1800007, between the Southern Nevada Health District and the Clark County Department of Juvenile Justice Services to allow the Southern Nevada Public Health Laboratory to provide laboratory testing for sexually transmitted diseases as a fee-for service arrangement; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary
- CLOSED SESSION — To Be Held Following the Public HearingsGo into closed session, pursuant to NRS 288.220, to receive a report on the status of ongoing labor negotiations; and direct staff accordingly. (For possible action)
- PUBLIC HEARING / ACTION: Members of the public are allowed to speak on Public Hearing / Action items after the Board’s discussion and prior to their vote. Each speaker will be given five (5) minutes to address the Board on the pending topic. No person may yield his or her time to another person. In those situations where large groups of people desire to address the Board on the same matter, the Chair may request that those groups select only one or two speakers from the group to address the Board on behalf of the group. Once the public hearing is closed, no additional public comment will be accepted.
- Variance Request to Operate a Public Bathing Place not in Compliance with the Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 444.134, 901 Fremont Development Partners LP, dba Fremont and 9th Apartments, located at 901 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101; [Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) 139-34-601-012] for Health Permit PR0120943, James Barger, for the Owner(s), 901 Fremont Development Partners LP. The variance would allow the pool to be constructed with a higher percentage of the perimeter deck obstructed than the regulations allow. Staff is of the opinion that granting this variance will not likely pose an unreasonable danger to public health or safety, and recommends approval of the variance; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- REPORT / DISCUSSION / ACTION
- Receive and Discuss Feasibility of Establishing a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) as part of Southern Nevada Health District. Proposed motion: “To support the furtherance of the District’s mission to provide low cost accessible care to needy populations and to discuss with North Las Vegas and other jurisdictions as appropriate, the establishment of Federally Qualified Health Center within those jurisdictions. Request that a final concrete proposal be brought back to the Board of Health after further financial and logistical plans are made.”; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- Petition #19-17 and Resolution #01-17 – Approval of Augmentation to the Southern Nevada Health District Bond Reserve (Building) Fund Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017 to Meet the Mandatory Financial Requirements of NRS 354.598005. Augmentation of the 2016-2017 Budget by appropriating $140,000 for use in the Bond Reserve (Building) Fund, thereby increasing its appropriations from $225,000 to $365,000; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- BOARD REPORTS: The Southern Nevada District Board of Health members may identify emerging issues to be addressed by staff or by the Board at future meetings, and direct staff accordingly. Comments made by individual Board members during this portion of the agenda will not be acted upon by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health unless that subject is on the agenda and scheduled for action.
- HEALTH OFFICER & STAFF REPORTS (Information Only)
- INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
- PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public, if any, and discussion of those comments, about matters relevant to the Board’s jurisdiction will be held. No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of this Agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken pursuant to NRS 241.020. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
NOTE: Disabled members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify Jacqueline Wells or Michelle Nath in Administration at the Southern Nevada Health District by calling (702) 759-1201.
THIS AGENDA HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE MAIN LOBBY OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: 1) CLARK COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, NV, 2) LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV; 3) NORTH LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd North, North Las Vegas, NV; 4) HENDERSON CITY HALL, 200 Water Street, Henderson, NV; 5) BOULDER CITY, CITY HALL, 401 California Avenue, Boulder City, NV; and 6) MESQUITE CITY HALL, 10 E. Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, NV; SOUTHERN NEVADA HEALTH DISTRICT, 280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107 and on the Nevada Public Notice website at notice.nv.gov. This Agenda is available on the Southern Nevada Health District Internet Website at southernnevadahealthdistrict.org. For copies of agenda backup material, please contact Jacqueline Wells or Michelle Nath at (702) 759–1201. In addition, handouts are available at the date and time of the meeting at 280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada.