Healthy People 2020
Understanding and improving health is part of the Healthy People 2020 initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Healthy People 2020 strives to:
- Identify nationwide health improvement priorities.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress.
- Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the national, State, and local levels.
- Engage multiple sectors to take actions to strengthen policies and improve practices that are driven by the best available evidence and knowledge.
- Identify critical research, evaluation, and data collection needs.
New topic areas for 2020 include:
- Adolescent Health
- Blood Disorders and Blood Safety
- Dementias, Including Alzheimer’s Disease
- Early and Middle Childhood
- Global Health
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- Older Adults
- Sleep Health
- Social Determinants of Health
More information about Healthy People 2020 is available at www.healthypeople.gov.
Phone: (702) 759-1300
Updated on: September 12, 2018