Weapons of Mass Destruction Training
Nevada Revised Statutes NRS 450B.180 mandates all certified/licensed EMTs to complete a course of instruction relating to the medical consequences of an act of terrorism that involves the use of a weapon of mass destruction.
The course must provide at least four hours of instruction that includes the following subjects:
- An overview of the acts of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction;
- Personal protective equipment required for acts of terrorism;
- Common symptoms and methods of treatment associated with exposure to, or injuries caused by chemical, biological, radioactive and nuclear agents;
- Syndromic surveillance and reporting procedures for acts of terrorism involving biological agents; and
- An overview of the information available on, and the use of the Health Alert Network.
WMD Online Course Requirements
- Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX)
Course name: Terrorism Awareness for Emergency First Responders AWR-160. Register online at Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX)
- Southern Nevada Health District
Course name: WMD Surveillance and Health Alert Network training
Updated on: January 23, 2019