Public Records Request Procedure
The Solid Waste and Compliance Section have seen requests for file reviews increase substantially.
In response to the demand, and to ensure requests from the public are responded to in a timely manner, the following is the procedure for file review requests:
- Staff cannot research availability of files until the online Public Records Request Form has been filled out and submitted.
- After a completed form is received by Solid Waste and Compliance Section staff, it will be at least 3 to 5 business days before the public records applicable to the request will be available for review. The requestor will be notified by email, letter or phone when the records are available.
- Once the requestor has been notified, the public records will be available for review for 14 days. If the requester does not review the public records within 14 days, the public records will be returned and another Public Records Request Form must be filled out.
Hours for public records review are:
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Please remember, we cannot research files until we have a completed Public Records Request Form. The hours for public records review will be strictly enforced.
Requests for public records must specify a location, i.e. an actual street address and/or an Assessors’ Parcel Number. Requests that are non-specific may require research time and may be subject to applicable fees payable in advance.
If you have any questions regarding file reviews, call (702) 759-0600.
Southern Nevada Health District
Solid Waste and Compliance Section
280 S. Decatur Blvd.
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, NV 89127
Updated on: January 14, 2019