Final Permitting Inspections – Body Art Facilities
A final permitting inspection of your facility must be scheduled prior to beginning any operations (except on change-of-ownership inspections). Although this is not a complete list of requirements*, completion of the items on this checklist will help you pass your final inspection.
- Someone knowledgeable about the operation must be present.
- Is the completed Building Inspection card or Certificate of Occupancy available? (Required for new construction or remodels requiring building permits.)
- Is there adequate hot water at all hand sinks, including restrooms?
- Is the facility ready for customers? Do you have a current spore test (if required), approved disinfectant, adequate gloves and adequate sharps containers?
- Are all hand sinks stocked with paper towels and hand soap?
- Are the work surfaces smooth, easily cleanable and non-absorbent?
- Are all sterile packages dated and not expired?
- Do doors close tightly to deter pests?
- Do the artists have valid SNHD Body Art Cards?
- Are required forms available and approved by SNHD?
- Written patron consent form
- Aftercare instructions
- Written infection control plan including aseptic procedures for the protection of patrons and general establishment cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Is there adequate lighting in procedure and equipment cleaning/sterilization areas?
Failure to meet these basic requirements can result in failure at your final inspection and assessment of associated fees. Please contact your Plan Review inspector at (702) 759-1258 if you have any questions before your scheduled appointment.
*A complete list of requirements can be viewed at: www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/body-art/tattoo-regs-contents.php
Phone: (702) 759-0677
Updated on: October 10, 2018