Emergency Equipment Replacement
The emergency equipment replacement procedure is followed when immediate repair of equipment is required and cannot wait for the traditional remodel submission process.
- A qualified professional must apply for a remodel the next business day after the emergency repair was made. Contact the Aquatic Health Program at (702) 759-0572 for notification that an emergency repair was performed.
- The Emergency Equipment Replacement form must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the next business day after the emergency repair was made.
- The submission form must include a detailed explanation of the repair made and why it was an emergency.
- The emergency pool repair fee is the same as a pre-approved remodel fee.
- The facility must close and remain closed until the emergency repair is approved and released by the health district.
Examples of valid emergency repairs:
- Severe plumbing leaks that cannot be isolated by a functional valve in the pump room.
- Massive underground pipe leaks that may result in compromising the structural stability of the pool and deck area.
NOT Examples of valid emergency repairs:
- A pump goes out on a holiday weekend.
- Filter replacement.
- Any routine equipment repairs or replacements that do not result in extensive water leaks or other utility waste or hazards created by not addressing a problem immediately.
Updated on: July 15, 2019