Change of Permit Holder
Upon change of permit holder/ownership of an aquatic facility or aquatic venue, the new owner must apply for a health permit to the health district, per NRS 444.080, as well as the 2018 Aquatic Facility Regulations section 5-404:
5-404 Permit Transfer Prohibited
A PERMIT may not be transferred from one OWNER to another, from one AQUATIC VENUE or AQUATIC FACILITY to another.
NRS 444.080 Operation without permit unlawful; procedure for application for and granting of permit.
- It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation, institution or municipality to construct or to operate or continue to operate any public swimming pool, bathhouse, or nudist colony, or any structure intended to be used for swimming or bathing purposes within the State of Nevada without a permit to do so from the health authority.
- Any person, firm, corporation, institution or municipality desiring to construct or to operate and maintain any public swimming pool, bathhouse or structure intended to be used for swimming or bathing purposes within the State of Nevada shall file an application for permission to do so with the health authority.
To submit an application for a change of permit holder, submit the following:
- Permit ApplicationPDF 414KB
- Change of Ownership ApplicationPDF 147KB submitted with required items listed in the instructions.
- An application for the new permit holder must be submitted within 30 days of execution of the change of permit holder documents (deed, close of escrow, dealer’s report of sale, lease agreement, legal contract, etc.); Failure to submit the application within 30 days of execution of the change of ownership will result in assessment of additional fees.
Note: All fees must be paid at the time of submission.
Updated on: May 28, 2019