Underground Storage Tank (UST) Inspections
Southern Nevada Health District has an interlocal contract with the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) to inspect and verify that all owners and operators of Underground Storage Tanks (UST) in Clark County, Nevada comply with State and Federal regulations.
There are approximately 780 facilities having one or more USTs that are permitted by the Health District.
The major areas of concern are:
- Leak detection and reporting.
- Release response and corrective action.
- Inspection of UST installation, upgrading, operation, and closure.
- Protection of property values and the economical use of land.
The UST Program reduces the possibility that petroleum or other regulated substances found in underground storage tanks contaminate soils or groundwater.
The program also ensures the remediation of past contamination and renovation of existing, but outdated, UST systems.
These efforts protect the public health and the environment for Clark County residents and visitors.
A permit is required from the health district and applicable fire prevention agency to install, alter, remove, abandon in place, or place temporarily out of service a UST.
To apply for a permit with the health district call (702) 759-0603. To apply for a permit with the fire prevention agency, contact the applicable agency below based on the property address.
Clark County Building/Fire Prevention
4701 W. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
|City of Las Vegas|
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
500 N. Casino Center Blvd.
Las Vegas NV 89101-2944
|City of Henderson |
City Hall Development Services Center
240 South Water Street
Henderson, NV 89015
|City of North Las Vegas|
North Las Vegas Fire Department
4040 Losee Road
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
- Application for UST Installation/Upgrade/Repair Inspection PDF
- Application for UST Removal Inspection PDF
- Contractor’s Self-Inspection Checklist PDF
- EPA Form 7530-1, Notification for Underground Storage Tanks PDF
- Petroleum Environmental Contamination Statement PDF
- Removal Advance Info & Plot Plan PDF
- Underground Storage Tank Monthly Walkthrough Inspections PDF
- UST Walkthrough Inspection Checklist PDF
Phone: (702) 759-0600
Updated on: March 24, 2021