Outbreak Prevention and Response: How to Report Illness
If you suspect you have food poisoning from a local restaurant, deli, or caterer, the Southern Nevada Health District wants to know about it, even if you aren’t sure what caused it. The Health District depends on reports from community members just like you, and then our professional staff will review all the reports we receive and look for trends so that we can investigate further. It is important that you provide a brief food history and leave your contact information. The Health District is required by law to keep your information confidential, and we take that very seriously.
Here is a how to report your foodborne illness:
- If you think that you got sick from a pre-packaged item you bought at a grocery store, please call the FDA at 1 (510) 337-6741.
- If you think you got sick from meat that you bought at a grocery store and prepared at home, please call the USDA at 1 (800) 535-4555.
- If you think that you got sick from a local restaurant, deli, or caterer, you can notify SNHD one of two ways:
- Call us at (702) 759-1300.
- Fill out a report online through our Foodborne Illness Complaint Form
Health Topic: Foodborne Illness
Follow this link for details on the reporting process and for answers to frequently asked questions about foodborne illness.
Telephone: (702) 759-0588
Updated on: September 21, 2020