Special Event Health Permit and Visiting Artists
The requirements for a Body Art Special Event Health Permit (formerly known as a Temporary Demonstration Health Permit) have been revised as follows:
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- ALL PERMIT FEES ARE NON-REUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. NO EXECPTIONS.
- Artist Fee: Each individual tattoo and permanent makeup artists or body piercing technicians must pay a Special Event Operator Fee of $145 at the time applications are submitted.
- Event Coordinator: Each convention hosting a Body Art Special Event must designate an Event Coordinator who is responsible for each booth’s compliance with the applicable regulations and operational procedures over the span of the event. A $290 Event Coordinator fee applies.
All applications and fees must be submitted at least 30 days before the event– no exceptions. All fees are non-refundable.
Complete the Health Permit Artist Application PDF and Event Coordinator Application PDF (if necessary) and submit with ALL required documentation via email to email@example.com or fax to (702) 759-1486.
An invoice will be forwarded to you following processing of the application. All invoices must be paid with seven (7) days of receipt. Failure to pay the fees may result in denial of the permit application.
An individual who is not a body art operator within Clark County, but who routinely works in the body art industry in an area outside the jurisdiction of Southern Nevada Health District, may apply to be a visiting artist in Clark County.
Visiting artists must:
- Be hosted by a body art establishment with a valid Health Permit and not perform procedures at any location other than the body art establishment where they are registered;
- Be able to show proof of a minimum of six months training or experience in the tattoo, permanent makeup, or body piercing field;
- Not exceed ten consecutive days of work within a 365-day timeframe;
- Comply with all applicable regulations;
- Submit a Visiting Artist application PDF for each period of one or more consecutive days in which the artist would like to participate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any artist exceeding ten days of work within any 365-day timeframe will be required to obtain a Southern Nevada Health District Body Art Card. For more information on Body Art Cards and Body Art Card requirement, click here.
Phone: (702) 759-0677
Updated on: January 26, 2022