Regulations – Body Art
The Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Tattoo & Permanent Makeup Establishments and the Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Body Piercing Establishments were amended on December 14, 2000.
- Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Body Piercing Establishments
- Regulations Governing the Sanitation and Safety of Tattoo Establishments
Regulations include the following requirements:
- A Health Permit is required to own or operate a tattoo, permanent makeup or body piercing establishment in Clark County.
- Equipment and instruments used in the application of tattooing or body piercing must be sterilized and needles properly disposed of in biohazard containers.
- The small plastic containers holding the colored ink must never be reused since tattoo ink has been linked to the spread of hepatitis.
Phone: (702) 759-0677
Updated on: July 10, 2019