FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
June 17, 2021
- The Southern Nevada Health District continues to provide pop-up vaccination clinics at Clark County School District schools through the end of June. These clinics as well as additional partner clinic information is available at www.snhd.info/covid-vaccine.
- Large-scale vaccination clinic closure information:
- Allegiant Stadium: Clinic will operate Thursday, June 17 through Sunday, June 20. The clinic will end on Sunday, June 20.
- Las Vegas Convention Center: Clinic will end Saturday, June 19
- Texas Station: Drive-through vaccine and testing operations will end Monday, June 21
- The Health District posts its Vaccine Snapshot each Wednesday: https://covid.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/vaccine/snapshot/. Updated information is posted daily on the COVID-19 dashboard and includes the following:
- Vaccine update:
- In Clark County, 1,877,220 total doses of vaccine have been administered.
- Vaccinations initiated: 1,083,589
- Overall: 46.74 percent
- 18 and older:59.25 percent
- 12 and older: 53.8 percent
- Vaccinations completed: 879,680
- Overall: 37.95 percent
- 18 and older: 48.72 percent
- 12 and older: 43.46 percent
- Vaccine update:
- The Southern Nevada Health District continues to sequence samples of COVID-19 positive test results to identify variants circulating in the community. To date, the Alpha B.1.1.7 (UK) variant is the dominant variant with 497 cases; the Delta B.1.617 variant has been identified in 13 cases. The total number of COVID-19 cases identified with variants of concern is 588.
- COVID-19 testing and vaccination clinics are scheduled to begin on College of Southern Nevada campuses in North Las Vegas and West Charleston Blvd. on Tuesday, June 22 and continue through Monday, July 19. The vaccine clinic is available Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Testing is available Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Community COVID-19 vaccine clinic information can also be found online at www.NVCOVIDFighter.org. The site also features live chat support to make scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment and getting information about the vaccine more accessible.
- Current COVID-19 testing site information is available at www.snhd.info/covid-testing. Community testing locations can also be found on the Nevada Health Response website at https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/find-covid-19-testing-in-nevada/.
- More information about COVID-19, including Health District resources, reports, and testing and vaccine clinic sites is available at www.snhd.info/covid. The Health District’s COVID-19 Dashboard is updated daily and available at www.snhd.info/covid-cases.
The Southern Nevada Health District serves as the local public health authority for Clark County, Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas, Mesquite and North Las Vegas. The agency safeguards the public health of the community’s residents and visitors through innovative programs, regulations, and initiatives focused on protecting and promoting their health and well-being. More information about the Health District, its programs, services, and the regulatory oversight it provides is available at www.SNHD.info.