FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 3, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- As of February 2, 2021, there have been 174,665 COVID-19 vaccines administered in Clark County.
- To date, the Health District has received 116,865 doses of COVID-19 vaccine for distribution in Clark County.
- For the sites of current Health District and partner PODS (points of distribution), visit our website at www.snhd.info/covid. Appointments are available three days in advance, depending on vaccine availability. People who work at a large organization should also check with their organization for their vaccination plans.
Second Dose Clinic
- The Southern Nevada Health District opened its second dose appointment-only clinic site in the C-1 area of the Las Vegas Convention Center’s Central Hall on Tuesday, February 2.
- The appointment-only clinic operates Tuesday through Saturday for people who received their first dose at any Health District or partner clinic and are eligible to receive their second dose.
- The Health District is currently notifying people who registered and received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine with its original registration system as they are eligible to receive the vaccine and based on the recommended intervals for getting the second dose. These first notifications went to people who had been vaccinated between January 4-10. Notifications for people vaccinated between January 10-19 are currently being emailed. People in these notification categories receive a link to register for a second dose appointment.
- If the Health District does not have email addresses for people who were able to obtain the vaccine without going through our appointment system, or they have incorrect email addresses for people, they can use the publicly available link.
- Second dose vaccine supplies are received based on the number of first doses administered, and the Health District has the capacity to vaccinate everyone who received their first dose at one of its clinics.
- People with questions or needing assistance making appointments can call the Health District at 702-759-1900. The line is staffed during business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The state has launched a new vaccination call center to answer questions and assist those who may need help making an appointment. The call center is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-800-401-0946.
- The Health District added a new tab to its COVID-19 Dashboard.
- The section includes possible places of exposure for COVID-19 cases in Clark County during their incubation period or during their infectious period.
- The incubation period is 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms or prior to test date if no symptoms are present. The infectious period is the 48 hours prior to symptom onset or test date, until the case begins observation.
- It is important to note that a potential place of exposure is not necessarily where the disease was acquired. Due to the extended incubation period of 14 days, a case may identify multiple places of possible exposure during a case investigation.
- Additionally, the categories included in this new dashboard tab are not mutually exclusive – some places fit multiple categories.
- Many case investigations are ongoing, and this data are preliminary and subject to change.
The Southern Nevada Health District serves as the local public health authority for Clark County, Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas, Mesquite and North Las Vegas. The agency safeguards the public health of the community’s residents and visitors through innovative programs, regulations, and initiatives focused on protecting and promoting their health and well-being. More information about the Health District, its programs, services, and the regulatory oversight it provides is available at www.SNHD.info.