Health District to offer quarterly shot clinics in Laughlin, March 1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 19, 2013
LAS VEGAS – The Southern Nevada Health District will offer immunization clinics for adults and children on a quarterly basis at its Laughlin Public Health Center. The first clinic is scheduled for Friday, March 1. Additional dates for the remainder of the year are tentatively scheduled in the spring, and summer prior to the start of the school year, as well as fall. Clinics will be 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the health district’s satellite office, 3080 S. Needles Highway, Suite, 1800. The clinic is available for Nevada residents only. Administrative fees for immunizations will apply and can be paid with a credit or debit card, cashiers’ check or a money order. Cash will not be accepted. For information, contact the health district’s immunization clinic, (702) 759-0850 or visit the health district’s website, www.SNHD.info.
At each quarterly clinic, Laughlin residents can receive all childhood vaccines for babies, pre-schoolers, pre-teens and adolescents as well as adult immunizations such as Tdap, pneumonia or flu shots.
“It can be difficult for Laughlin residents to obtain immunizations, and we are working with the community to determine how we can best meet their needs. This is a coordinated effort with Laughlin officials, the school district and the health district. We are looking forward to our first quarterly clinic,” said Bonnie Sorenson, Southern Nevada Health District director of clinic and nursing services.
In addition, immunization services are available at the following health district locations:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Main Public Health Center, 330 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas
- North Las Vegas Public Health Center, 955 W. Craig Rd., Ste. 103D, North Las Vegas (North Las Vegas is closed daily from 12:30 p – 1 p for lunch)
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- East Las Vegas Public Health Center, 560 N. Nellis Blvd., Ste. E12, Las Vegas
- Henderson Public Health Center, 520 E. Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. CLOSED for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
- Mesquite Public Health Center, 830 Hafen Lane, Mesquite
Access information about the Southern Nevada Health District on its website: www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, YouTube: www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict, Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/southernnevadahealthdistrict/. The Health District is available in Spanish on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Additional information and data can be accessed through the Healthy Southern Nevada website: www.HealthySouthernNevada.org.