Southern Nevada Health District Services Update
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:17 April, 2012
LAS VEGAS – Due to the closure of its main facility as a result of an engineering report that found the main building lacks an internal support system, operations at the main public health centers at 625 Shadow Lane have been suspended. The health district has relocated services to its outlying public health centers. Updated information on service availability is also available on the health district website at www.SNHD.info or by calling the health district’s information line (702) 759-INFO (4636). The information line is available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Sexual health clinic staff will contact any clients who have recently tested positive for an STD to arrange for treatment. Anyone who has tested negative will not receive a phone call. If the clinic does not have correct or updated information, contact (702) 759-0807 and leave a message including a name, date of birth, STD clinic visit date, and a phone number. Clients who wish to pick up the results of their STD tests can visit the East Las Vegas Public Health Center or the Henderson Public Health Center. Test results are only available in person and appropriate identification is required to ensure confidentiality. The cost for printed STD results is $3.
Clients who received an STD or HIV test at the Gay and Lesbian Center or the Richard Steele Boxing Gym can contact (702) 759-0733 for test results.
The health district has relocated several environmental health division programs:
- Food plan review services: Henderson Public Health Center, 520 E. Lake Mead Pkwy, Henderson, (702) 759-1507. Services are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pool plan review services: 6330 W. Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, (702) 759-0503 or (702) 759-0502. Services available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Parcel map plan review/individual sewage disposal system plan review: 400 Shadow Lane, Suite 104, (702) 759 0600. Services available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Cambridge Community Outreach Center only processes health cards, no other health district services are available at that location. The Henderson Public Health Center no longer issues health cards.
This closure only impacts services located in the main building. Services provided in the outlying buildings on the campus are not impacted at this time and services will continue to be available at public health centers located in East Las Vegas, Henderson, the Cambridge Community Outreach Center and at service sites throughout the valley.
Client services that are available at other locations include:
- Birth and death records – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Health cards – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Cambridge Community Outreach Center
- HIV/AIDS testing – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Immunization clinic – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
Public health center locations include:
East Las Vegas Public Health Center
560 Nellis Blvd. Suites D-1 & E-12
Las Vegas, Nev. 89110
Henderson Public Health Center
520 E. Lake Mead Pkwy.
Henderson, Nev. 89015
Cambridge Community Outreach Center
3900 Cambridge St. #101
Las Vegas, Nev. 89117
This is a dynamic situation and the health district will be providing updates on a regular basis. Updated information about the Southern Nevada Health District can be found on Facebook www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, on YouTube www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict or Twitter www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo The health district is now available in Spanish on Twitter www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Don’t have a Twitter account? Follow the health district on your phone by texting “follow SNHDinfo” to 40404.
Visit the Media Contacts webpage for media related inquiries.
Access information about the Southern Nevada Health District on its website: www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, YouTube: www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict, Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/southernnevadahealthdistrict/. The Health District is available in Spanish on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Additional information and data can be accessed through the Healthy Southern Nevada website: www.HealthySouthernNevada.org.