Update: Southern Nevada Health District Henderson Public Health Center
no longer processing health cards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 16, 2012
LAS VEGAS – UPDATE: As a result of the closure of its main facility, the Southern Nevada Health District’s Henderson Public Health Center will no longer process health cards as of Tuesday, April 17. Health cards services are still available at the East Las Vegas Public Health Center and the Cambridge Community Outreach Center. Updated information on service availability is also available on the health district website at www.SNHD.info or by calling the health district’s information line (702) 759-INFO (4636). The information line is available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The health district has relocated several environmental health division programs as of Tuesday, April 17:
- Food plan review services: Henderson Public Health Center, 520 E. Lake Mead Pkwy, Henderson, (702) 759-1507. Services are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pool plan review services: 6330 W. Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, (702) 759-0503 or (702) 759-0502. Services available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Parcel map plan review/individual sewage disposal system plan review: 400 Shadow Lane, Suite 104, (702) 759 0600. Services available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The health district has suspended operations at its main facility at 625 Shadow Lane, operations at its main facility as a result of an engineering report that found the main building lacks an internal support system and may be unsafe to occupy. This closure only impacts services located in the main building. Services provided in the outlying buildings on the campus are not impacted at this time and services will continue to be available at public health centers located in East Las Vegas, Henderson, the Cambridge Community Outreach Center and at service sites throughout the valley.
Client services that are available at other locations include:
- Birth and death records – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Health cards – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Cambridge Community Outreach Center
- HIV/AIDS testing – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Immunization clinic – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic – East Las Vegas Public Health Center, Henderson Public Health Center
Public health center locations include:
East Las Vegas Public Health Center
560 Nellis Blvd. Suites D-1 & E-12
Las Vegas, Nev. 89110
Henderson Public Health Center
520 E. Lake Mead Pkwy.
Henderson, Nev. 89015
Cambridge Community Outreach Center
3900 Cambridge St. #101
Las Vegas, Nev. 89117
This is a dynamic situation and the health district will be providing updates on a regular basis. Updated information about the Southern Nevada Health District can be found on Facebook www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, on YouTube www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict or Twitter www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo The health district is now available in Spanish on Twitter www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Don’t have a Twitter account? Follow the health district on your phone by texting “follow SNHDinfo” to 40404.
Visit the Media Contacts webpage for media related inquiries.
Access information about the Southern Nevada Health District on its website: www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, YouTube: www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict, Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/southernnevadahealthdistrict/. The Health District is available in Spanish on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Additional information and data can be accessed through the Healthy Southern Nevada website: www.HealthySouthernNevada.org.