Health District Requests Applications for at Large Board of Health Members
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 1, 2012
LAS VEGAS – The Southern Nevada Health District is requesting applications for at-large members for the Southern Nevada District Board of Health. For information or an application packet, contact Shelli Clark at (702) 759-1201 or via email, email@example.com. Applications are also available on the health district website at www.snhd.info. Completed applications are due by 4 p.m., Monday, April 30, 2012.
The Board of Health comprises eight elected members including two representatives from the Clark County Board of Commissioners and the Las Vegas City Council, in addition to one council representative each from Boulder City, Henderson, Mesquite and North Las Vegas. Elected members will select six at-large members with the following qualifications:
- Two representatives who are physicians licensed to practice medicine in this State, one of whom is selected on the basis of education, training, experience or demonstrated abilities in the provision of health care services to members of minority groups and other medically underserved populations;
- One representative who is licensed to practice nursing in this State;
- One representative who has a background or expertise in environmental health or environmental health services;
- One representative of a non-gaming business or from an industry that is subject to regulation by the health district; and
- One representative from the association of gaming establishments, as outlined in NRS 439.362.
Alternate members will also be selected for each of these positions. Board members are appointed for 2-year terms.
Updated information about the Southern Nevada Health District can be found on Facebook www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, on YouTube www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict or Twitter www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo The health district is now available in Spanish on Twitter www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Don’t have a Twitter account? Follow the health district on your phone by texting “follow SNHDinfo” to 40404.
Visit the Media Contacts webpage for media related inquiries.
Access information about the Southern Nevada Health District on its website: www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, YouTube: www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict, Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/southernnevadahealthdistrict/. The Health District is available in Spanish on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Additional information and data can be accessed through the Healthy Southern Nevada website: www.HealthySouthernNevada.org.