District Presents Emergency Medical Service
Responders of the Year Awards Exceptional local emergency medical personal honored in second-annual awards ceremony
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:19 May, 2006
LAS VEGAS – May 19, 2006 – The Southern Nevada Health District presented Responder of the Year Awards to representatives of the nine licensed Emergency Medical Services (EMS) agencies in Clark County.
The following individuals were recognized for their demonstration of excellent patient care, clinical skills, exemplary professionalism and exceptional contributions and commitment to the success and advancement of emergency medical services:
- Don Earl, Paramedic, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue
- Brian Feliz, Paramedic, Boulder City Fire Department
- Don Gibson, Paramedic, Henderson Fire Department
- Calvin Griffin, Paramedic, American Medical response
- Erik Grismanauskas, Paramedic, Clark County Fire Department
- John Jolley, Paramedic, North Las Vegas Fire Department
- Tiffany Lopardo, Paramedic, MedicWest Ambulance
- Clint Nowery, Paramedic, Mesquite Fire and Rescue
- Mark Owen, Paramedic, Mercy Air
The awards were given as part of National Emergency Medical Services Week (May 14-20, 2006). The American College of Emergency Physicians developed EMS week in 1973 to bring together local communities and medical personnel to publicize safety and honor the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of the medical “front line.”
Visit the Media Contacts webpage for media related inquiries.
Access information about the Southern Nevada Health District on its website: www.SNHD.info. Follow the Health District on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, YouTube: www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict, Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/southernnevadahealthdistrict/. The Health District is available in Spanish on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Additional information and data can be accessed through the Healthy Southern Nevada website: www.HealthySouthernNevada.org.