SOUTHERN NEVADA DISTRICT BOARD OF HEALTH
Facilities Advisory Board – Agenda
January 14, 2020 — 3:00 P.M.
Southern Nevada Health District
280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107
Red Rock Trail Room A and B
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 241.020 requires that written notice of all meetings of the Southern Nevada District Board of Health be given at least three working days before the meetings. The notice shall include the time, place, location, and agenda of the meeting. Individuals may request notice, but a request for notice lapses six months after it is made. The Southern Nevada District Board of Health informs each requester of this fact by this notation on this copy of the notice mailed to them.
- Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the Chair
- The Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration
- The Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time
- CALL TO ORDER
- OATH OF OFFICE
- PUBLIC COMMENT
A period devoted to comments by the general public about those items appearing on the agenda. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. No person may yield his or her time to another person. In those situations where large groups of people desire to address the Board on the same matter, the Chair may request that those groups select only one or two speakers from the group to address the Board on behalf of the group. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
- ADOPTION OF THE JANUARY 14, 2020 AGENDA (for possible action)
- CONSENT AGENDA
Items to be considered by the Facilities Advisory Board which may be enacted by one motion. Any item may be discussed separately per Board Member request before action. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval
- Approve Minutes/Facilities Advisory Board Meeting: October 22, 2019 (for possible action)
- REPORT / DISCUSSION / ACTION
The Facilities Advisory Board may take any necessary action for any item under this section.
- Receive and Discuss Post 1 October Patient Tracking Software from Deputy Chief Jeff Buchanan; take action as deemed appropriate (for possible action)
- Receive and Discuss the Southern Nevada Community Health Center Update from Dr. Fermin Leguen; take action as deemed appropriate (for possible action)
- Receive and Discuss Flu and Vaping Update from Dr. Michael D. Johnson; take action as deemed appropriate (for possible action)
- Receive and Discuss EMS Transfers and Capacity Management Issues from John Hammond; take action as deemed appropriate (for possible action)
- COMMUNITY HEALTH REPORT/STAFF REPORT
- Director of Community Health Comments – Dr. Michael D. Johnson
- FACILITIES ADVISORY BOARD REPORTS
Members may identify emerging issues to be addressed by the Board at future meetings, and direct staff accordingly. Comments made by individual Board members during this portion of the agenda will not be acted upon unless that subject is on the agenda and scheduled for action.
- PUBLIC COMMENT
A period devoted to comments by the general public, if any, and discussion of those comments, about matters relevant to the Board’s jurisdiction will be held. No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of this Agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken pursuant to NRS 241.020. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and spell your last name for the record. Please state whether you have any direct or indirect interest in or relationship with, any individual or organization that proposes to enter into any transaction with the Board. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
NOTE: Disabled members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify Andrea Green in Community Health Administration at the Southern Nevada Health District by calling (702) 759-1659.
THIS AGENDA HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE MAIN LOBBY OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: 1) CLARK COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, NV; 2) LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV; 3) NORTH LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd North, North Las Vegas, NV; 4) HENDERSON CITY HALL, 200 Water Street, Henderson, NV; 5) BOULDER CITY, CITY HALL, 401 California Avenue, Boulder City, NV; 6) MESQUITE CITY HALL, 10 E. Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, NV; SOUTHERN NEVADA HEALTH DISTRICT, 280 S. Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107 and on the Nevada Public Notice website at https://notice.nv.gov . This Agenda is available on the Southern Nevada Health District Internet Website at http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org For copies of agenda backup material; please contact Andrea Green at (702) 759-1659. In addition, handouts are available at the date and time of the meeting at 280 S. Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada.