SOUTHERN NEVADA DISTRICT BOARD OF HEALTH
December 12, 2016 — 8:30 A.M.
Southern Nevada Health District
280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107
Red Rock Trail Room A and B
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 241.020 requires that written notice of all meetings of the Southern Nevada District Board of Health be given at least three working days before the meetings. The notice shall include the time, place, location, and agenda of the meeting. Individuals may request notice, but a request for notice lapses six months after it is made. The Southern Nevada District Board of Health informs each requester of this fact by this notation on this copy of the notice mailed to them.
- Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the Chair
- The Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration
- The Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- OATH OF OFFICE – New Member Brian Wursten, City of Mesquite
- PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public about those items appearing on the agenda. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board of majority vote.
- ADOPTION OF THE DECEMBER 12, 2016 AGENDA (for possible action)
- CONSENT AGENDA: Items for action to be considered by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health which may be enacted by one motion. Any item may be discussed separately per Board Member request before action. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval.
- APPROVE MINUTES/BOARD OF HEALTH MEETING: November 17, 2016 (for possible action)
- PETITION #39-16: Approval of New Classification Specification for Academic Affairs Coordinator, Schedule 19 ($48,818 – $68,120); direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- PETITION #43-16: Approval of New Classification Specification for Executive Administrative Analyst, Schedule 23 ($59,883 – $83,512) (for possible action)
- PUBLIC HEARING / ACTION: Members of the public are allowed to speak on Public Hearing / Action items after the Board’s discussion and prior to their vote. Each speaker will be given five (5) minutes to address the Board on the pending topic. No person may yield his or her time to another person. In those situations where large groups of people desire to address the Board on the same matter, the Chair may request that those groups select only one or two speakers from the group to address the Board on behalf of the group. Once the public hearing is closed, no additional public comment will be accepted.There are no items to be heard.
- Review/Discuss Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2016 ; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- Receive Report and Accept Recommendations from the November 28, 2016 Finance Committee Meeting ; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
- PUBLIC COMMENT: A period devoted to comments by the general public, if any, and discussion of those comments, about matters relevant to the Board’s jurisdiction will be held. No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of this Agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken pursuant to NRS 241.020. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
- ADJOURNMENT NOTE: Disabled members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify Jacqueline Wells or Michelle Nath in Administration at the Southern Nevada Health District by calling (702) 759-1201.
THIS AGENDA HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE MAIN LOBBY OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: 1) CLARK COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, NV, 2) LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV; 3) NORTH LAS VEGAS CITY HALL, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd North, North Las Vegas, NV; 4) HENDERSON CITY HALL, 200 Water Street, Henderson, NV; 5) BOULDER CITY, CITY HALL, 401 California Avenue, Boulder City, NV; and 6) MESQUITE CITY HALL, 10 E. Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, NV; SOUTHERN NEVADA HEALTH DISTRICT, 280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107 and on the Nevada Public Notice website at notice.nv.gov. This Agenda is available on the Southern Nevada Health District Internet Website at southernnevadahealthdistrict.org. For copies of agenda backup material, please contact Jacqueline Wells or Michelle Nath at (702) 759–1201. In addition, handouts are available at the date and time of the meeting at 280 S. Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada.