You should get tested for TB if you have any of the following risk factors:
- You have spent time with a person who has, or is suspected to have, active TB disease.
- You have HIV infection or another condition that puts you at high risk for active TB disease.
- You think you might have active TB disease.
- You are from a place where active TB disease is very common (Latin America, Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia).
- You live or spend time in homeless shelters, migrant farm camps, prison or jail, and some nursing homes.
- You inject illegal drugs.