/What do I do if I lose power at my food establishment?

Investigate the cause. Is your business the only one without power or are there other area businesses affected? Contact NV Energy at (702) 402-5555 to report your outage and determine if there is an estimated timeframe for power to be restored.

Contact the health district (8-304.11). A power outage is an imminent health hazard because power is essential for maintaining most food service equipment, hot water supplies and lighting.

  • During normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) call the health district at (702) 759-1110 or the food inspection operations office that inspects your establishment.
  • If a hazard occurs outside our regular business hours, call our 24-hour phone number (702) 759-1000 and listen for the Environmental Health option, once on the EH extension, press 1.
Skip to content