No, you are a private chef. Private chefs that use a homeowner’s/church’s/private club’s kitchen to prepare and serve foods in a private venue are not required to have a health permit.

The homeowner/church/club must provide the food, or the private chef must obtain the food to be prepared from a retail source and transport the foods directly to the venue. Any interim storage of foods is prohibited without a permit.

The health district recommends that a private chef attend an accredited course in food safety.