Fluconazole is a unique treatment for vaginal yeast infection because it can be taken orally. One tablet provides a full course of therapy sufficient to cure most vaginal yeast infections.
- It can be taken at any time of day or night, with or without food.
- Do not have sexual intercourse for 7 days after taking the tablet.
- Most clients can expect to see relief from the infection within 24 hours of taking the tablet. As Fluconazole works to cure the infection, symptoms will lessen and eventually disappear. If your symptoms have not improved within 3-5 days, you should see a doctor.
- The most common side effects are headache, nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain, and are typically mild.
- This drug interacts with many other therapies. Notify your doctor if you are currently taking other medications.
**Do not drink alcohol during your treatment and for 7 days after completing treatment.**
Updated on: January 2, 2019