Board of Health
SOUTHERN NEVADA DISTRICT BOARD OF HEALTH
At-Large Member Selection Committee Meeting
May 29, 2014 – 8:30 a.m.
Southern Nevada Health District
Conference Room 2
330 S. Valley View Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 241.020 requires that written notice of all meetings of the Southern Nevada District Board of Health be given at least three working days before the meetings. The notice shall include the time, place, location, and agenda of the meeting. Individuals may request notice, but a request for notice lapses six months after it is made. The Southern Nevada District Board of Health informs each requester of this fact by this notation on this copy of the notice mailed to them.
- Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the Chair.
- The Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration.
- The Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
I. Call to Order
II. Public Comment: A period devoted to comments by the general public about those items appearing on the agenda. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
III. Adoption of the May 29, 2014 Agenda (for possible action)
- Approve At-Large Member Selection Committee Meeting Minutes – October 22, 2012; direct staff accordingly or take other action as deemed necessary (for possible action)
- Receive and Consider Applications for At-Large Members and Alternates for the Southern Nevada Health District Board of Health for the Following Positions for the Two-Year Term Beginning July 2014: (for possible action)
- Two representatives who are physicians licensed to practice medicine in this State, one of whom is selected on the basis of their education, training, experience or demonstrated abilities in the provision of health care services to members of minority groups and other medically underserved populations;
- One representative who is a nurse licensed to practice nursing in this State;
- One representative who has a background or expertise in environmental health or environmental health services;
- One representative of a nongaming business or from an industry that is subject to regulation by the health district; and
- One representative of the association of gaming establishments.
- Discuss and Approve Recommendations to the Southern Nevada District Board of Health on June 26, 2014 for the At-Large Members and Respective Alternate Members for the Two-Year Term Beginning July 2014; or take other action deemed appropriate (for possible action)
V. Public Comment: A period devoted to comments by the general public, if any, and discussion of those comments, about matters relevant to the Board’s jurisdiction will be held. No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of this Agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken pursuant to NRS 241.020. Comments will be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Please step up to the speaker’s podium, clearly state your name and address, and spell your last name for the record. If any member of the Board wishes to extend the length of a presentation, this may be done by the Chairman or the Board by majority vote.
Note: Disabled members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify Jacqueline Wells in Administration at the Southern Nevada Health District by calling (702) 759-1201.
This agenda has been posted in the main lobby of the following locations:
Clark County Government Center, 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas City Hall, 495 S. Main St., Las Vegas, NV
North Las Vegas City Hall, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd. North, North Las Vegas, NV Henderson City Hall, 200 Water St., Henderson, NV
Boulder City, City Hall, 401 California Ave., Boulder City, NV
Mesquite City Hall, 10 E. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, NV
Southern Nevada Health District, 330 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas, NV