3 Tips for a Safer Summer
Beat the Heat
Prevent heat-related illnesses by staying cool and hydrated.
- Limit outdoor activities to the coolest parts of the day.
- Increase fluid intake, regardless of activity level.
- Apply plenty of sunscreen every two hours.
Be a Water Watcher
Drowning is a leading cause of death among children under 4.
- Patrol by actively watching children in the water.
- Protect by installing safety measures such as pool fencing.
- Prepare by learning CPR and enrolling children in swim class.
Fight the Bite
Help prevent diseases that can be spread by mosquitoes.
- Eliminate standing water wherever it may collect outdoors.
- Prevent mosquito bites by using an insect repellent.
- Report mosquito activity by calling (702) 759-1633.