Before you can get your Certified Food Safety Manager card you must get certified as a food protection manager through a program accredited by ANSI.
The cost for certification varies and is separate from the cost of the card.
The health district will accept certificates from the following programs:
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
Complete the application in person or download and bring the completed form with you.
You must complete an application to get a new, renewal or duplicate card.
Steps to Get a Certified Food Safety Manager Card
- Get certified as a food protection manager through an ANSI accredited program. (see above)
- Go to one of the six public health centers that offer Certified Food Safety Manager cards. (see Locations & Hours of Operation)
- Take a number and an application.
- Complete the application while waiting for your number to be called.
- When your number is called, go to the station as directed.
- The clerk will:
- process your application
- review the food protection manager certificate
- verify your identification (see Valid I.D.)
- take your picture
- give you a copy of your application form
- Take the application form to the cashier and pay for your Certified Food Safety Manager card. (see Fees)
- Go to the information desk to have your card printed.
Phone: (702) 759-1099
Updated on: October 11, 2018