Dog-friendly Patio Waiver
- Submit a completed waiver application with supporting documents to FoodRev@snhd.org for processing.
- Supporting documents must include:
- Patron Rules – Must be posted conspicuously at the Dog Friendly Patio. Must describe the responsibilities of the dog owner while dining at your facility.
- Employee patio cleanup procedures – Must specify the following:
- The responsibilities of the employees when an incident occurs on the patio which requires cleanup.
- Who is responsible for deep cleaning the patio (cannot be a food handler)
- The frequency of deep cleaning
- How the materials used for cleaning will be stored separately from any foodservice items.
- Signage as needed to designate the area as a Dog Friendly Patio
- A Signed Agreement (page 2 of the application)
- A menu (if there are menu items for dogs)
- A site plan or map of the premises which shows:
- The location of the patio area
- Where dogs will enter and exit
- Where the covered trashcans are located
- The applicant will receive an invoice for $118 via email. Once paid, the waiver is reviewed by a supervisor.
- After review, an approval letter will be emailed to the applicant if all of the below criteria are met:
- Waiver only applies to dogs (Canis familiaris);
- Dogs will only access the patio area by means of the outdoor patio;
- The dog dining area will be segregated from the general patio dining area and marked as such;
- Dogs must remain on the floor, and may not be allowed on seats, benches, and tables, or other furniture, or to be held by the owner at any time;
- Restaurant staff/employees will not touch, directly serve, or bus the dishes of a dog allowed on the patio – patrons will be advised that such activities are solely the responsibility of the dog owner;
- In cases where excrement or other bodily fluids (feces, urine, vomit) are deposited on the premises of the patio, a staff member/employee shall immediately provide a disposable waste bag and customer clean up kit to use to clean the area;
- Waste cleanup kit will contain nitrile gloves, liquid absorbent, a scoop, a scraper to be used to remove soil matter;
- Staff will maintain a final clean up kit containing disinfectant, mops and other tools to complete the cleanup and disinfection of the area – these tools will not be used for other purposes; Staff will wash hands after cleaning up;
- Stanchions /cones will be provided to isolate the area while the disinfectant dries;
- A dispenser stand for dog waste bags shall be provided and conveniently placed for patron use.
Phone: (702) 759-1258
Updated on: September 3, 2021