The following signs are required to be posted as provided in Food Establishments:
- “No smoking” signs must be posted in all locations in which smoking is prohibited – see the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act webpages for more information.
- Post the following information by sign, table tent, menu, etc. as required by health district Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Food Establishments.”Thoroughly cooking foods of animal origin such as beef, eggs, fish, lamb, milk, poultry, or shellfish reduces the risk of food borne illness. Individuals with certain health conditions may be at higher risk if these foods are consumed raw or undercooked.“
- A sign must be posted to notify customers to use a clean plate each time they serve themselves. The sign must also state that no smoking or eating is allowed while serving food and that customers must use only the utensils allowed for handling food. This signage applies to self-service buffets, salad bars, and similar self service locations, as required by health district Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Food Establishments.
- Containers intended for use by customers of a mobile food unit must have large, clear signs on the covers stating “DEPOSIT TRASH HERE” or similar wording as required by Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Food Establishments.
- Food establishments which sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises are required to post signs concerning birth defects which states:“HEALTH WARNING – Drinking wine, beer and other alcoholic beverages during pregnancy can cause birth defects / ¡ADVERTENCIA! El consumo de vino, cerveza y otras bebidas alcohólicas durante el embarazo puede causar defectos físicos y/o mentales en el feto.”
Each sign must be not less than 8 1/2 by 11 inches in size and must contain a notice in boldface type that is clearly legible. The letters in the words “HEALTH WARNING” and “¡ADVERTENCIA!” in the sign must be written in not less than 40-point type, and the letters in all other words in the sign must be written in not less than 30-point type, as required by Nevada Revised Statutes NRS 446.842.
Updated on: October 11, 2018