Special Event Health Permit
The requirements for a Body Art Special Event Health Permit (formerly known as a Temporary Demonstration Health Permit) have been revised as follows:
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- ALL PERMIT FEES ARE NON-REUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. NO EXECPTIONS.
- Artist Fee: Each individual tattoo and permanent makeup artists or body piercing technicians must pay a Special Event Operator Fee of $145 at the time applications are submitted.
- Booth Fee: The Special Event Health Permit can be valid from one to 15 days in accordance with the following fee schedule:
|Length of Event||Permit Fee*
|1 – 5 Day Event||$464|
|6 – 10 Day Event||$609|
|11 – 15 Day Event||$754|
*For a single event, booth fees will only be charged for the first 10 booths.
- Maximum size of each booth is 150 square feet. Each artist must have at least 50 square feet of floor space. Up to three artists per 150 square foot booth.
- Event Coordinator: Each convention hosting a Body Art Special Event must designate an Event Coordinator who is responsible for each booth’s compliance with the applicable regulations and operational procedures over the span of the event.
All applications and fees must be submitted at least 30 days before the event– no exceptions. All fees are non-refundable.
Complete the Health Permit Booth Application, PDF 45KB Health Permit Artist Application PDF 64KB and Event Coordinator Application PDF 59KB (if necessary) and mail, along with a money order or cashier’s check, to the Southern Nevada Health District, P.O. Box 3902, Las Vegas, NV 89127, Attention: EH Rancho Special Programs.
Applications can also be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org. An invoice will be forwarded to you following processing of the application. All invoices must be paid with seven (7) days of receipt. Failure to pay the fees may result in denial of the permit application.
Phone: (702) 759-0677
Updated on: April 9, 2019