Body Art Regulation Revisions
The Southern Nevada Health District is proposing an update and revision of the two Health District regulations that govern the sanitation and safety of tattoo and piercing establishments. The Health District is proposing to combine the two regulations into one regulation that governs the sanitation and safety of body art establishments. Proposed revisions will reflect the Nevada State Regulations addressing invasive body art that can be found in Chapter 444 of the Nevada Administrative Code and improve the public health of Southern Nevada.
- Existing Tattoo Regulations
- Existing Body Piercing Regulations
- Proposed Body Art Regulations PDF
- Comparison table of sections within existing and proposed regulations PDF
- Redline Version of Proposed Body Art Regulations Posted December 6, 2021
- Business Impact Statement — Proposed Body Art Regulations
- Southern Nevada District Board of Health February 24, 2022 Meeting Agenda
- Southern Nevada District Board of Health March 24, 2022 Meeting Agenda
The Health District sought comments about these proposed changes at a series of listening sessions and workshops.
If you cannot attend any of the meetings, you can submit your comments in writing by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by postal mail to SNHD Body Art Program, PO Box 3902, Las Vegas, NV 89127.
The Business Impact Statement is scheduled to be heard at the regularly scheduled Southern Nevada District Board of Health meeting in Feburary. The proposed regulations will be heard at the regularly scheduled Southern Nevada District Board of Health meeting in March.
Updated on: March 21, 2022