If you are a woman under 30 years old who has no significant medical problems you may be interested in and qualify for our new P.O.W.E.R program.
What is P.O.W.E.R?
P.O.W.E.R. stands for Planning Options without Exam Required. In other words, you can get started on birth control pills or the three-month injection without having a female examination.
How does this program work?
During your appointment, the nurse will review your medical history and tell you if you can participate in the program. If yes, you will get your birth control and be on your way. If no, you will see the nurse practitioner for an exam before you get your birth control. The process can be even faster if you bring the completed medical history PDF 26KB and social summary PDF 52KB forms with you.
Visit the Clinic Locations webpage to make an appointment.
Does this mean I never need to have a female examination and a PAP smear?
Because female examinations and PAP smears are important to your health the nurse will tell you when it’s time to get your exam done. PAP smears are recommended for women beginning at age 21.
What will be done when I come to the clinic?
- You will provide the medical history PDF 26KB and social summary PDF 52KB forms for the nurse to review.
- If you are under 25, you will have to leave urine in a cup.
- Your blood pressure and weight will be checked.
- You will discuss with the nurse what birth control method you want; pills or three month shot.
- You will sign consent forms for your P.O.W.E.R visit and birth control.
- You will receive information about your birth control method and how to use it. You will also get other important Information for your health and safety.
- You may be offered HIV and syphilis testing based on your medical history.
- You will get your birth control and be on your way home!
Do I need to pay anything for a P.O.W.E.R appointment?
All services are provided on a sliding fee based on income, so bring proof of income with you. No one is denied service due to inability to pay.
(702) 759-1039 or (702) 759-0889
Updated on: November 16, 2018