The Family Planning Clinic is a low-cost clinic for Clark County residents who need birth control or who want to plan and space their pregnancies. Confidential services are offered and parental permission is not required.
A full list of services and types of birth control we offer is available on the Services webpage.
Services are available to clients who want to plan and space their pregnancies and are uninsured or have Nevada Medicaid, HPN Medicaid, Amerigroup Medicaid or Nevada Check up.
Patients should print and complete the four forms (below) prior to visitation:
- Clinical Services Registration Form – English
Formulario de Registro de Servicios Clínica – En Español
- Family Planning Intake Form – English
Formulario de Admisión Clínica de Planificación Familiar – En Español
- Informed General Consent for Family Planning Services – English & En Español
- Patient Consent Form for Electronic Exchange of Health Information – EnglishFormulario de Consentimiento del Paciente para el lntercambio Electr6nico de lnformaci6n de Salud Individual – En Español
The cost of all services is calculated on a sliding scale based on your income and the number of people in your household.
Please bring proof of income and photo identification to your visit so we can calculate your fee based on the sliding scale. We accept any photo identification that includes a photo of you.
You will not be turned away due to inability to pay on the day of your visit. Visit the Accepted Methods of Payment webpage for details on payments and our ID policy.
We accept cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, money order, cashier’s checks, and business checks. We also accept the following insurance:
- Amerigroup Medicaid
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- HPN Medicaid
- HPN (includes Senior Dimensions)
- HPN – Silver State Health Insurance Exchange
- HPN Medicaid/Nevada Check Up (Renewal of existing agreement)
- Sierra Health
- Teacher’s Health Trust
- Nevada Check up
- Nevada Medicaid
Visit the Accepted Methods of Payment webpage for details on payments and our ID policy.
Updated on: February 11, 2020