Condom Use 101
When to use a condom:
- Before each sex act
- Before any sexual contact with your partner
- To prevent pregnancy
- To prevent transmission of:
- HPV (genital warts)
How to use a female condom:
- Before you use a female condom, be sure to read the directions and learn how to use it properly.
- Open the package, being careful not to tear the condom with your fingernails or teeth. Rub the condom together to ensure the lubrication is evenly spread from top to bottom.
- To insert condom, squeeze the ring on the closed end of the condom together and insert into the vagina.
- Now push the ring up to just past the pubic bone with your index finger. You will feel the pubic bone by curving your index finger when it is a couple of inches inside the vagina. The outside ring should lie against the outer lips.
- After intercourse, squeeze and twist the outer ring to keep sperm inside the condom and pull out gently. Throw it in the trash.
If you have questions, contact the clinic by phone at (702) 759-0702 or by email at SexualHealth@snhd.org.
Updated on: February 4, 2019