Death certificates may only be released to a qualified applicant.
A qualified applicant is:
- The informant listed on the record
- A direct family member by blood or marriage
- Requirement imposed by law
- To facilitate legal process.
- If you are named as a beneficiary or in a will, proof is required.
- If you are acting on behalf of the executor of estate, beneficiary or someone inheriting from the deceased person copies of legal documents are required to prove authority.
Ordering a Death Certificate
Death certificates can be requested by one of the following methods:
|Death Certificate Fees||Purchase of First Certificate||Each Additional Copy|
Personal checks are not accepted as payment for death certificates.
Updated on: June 4, 2020