Penicillin VK is used to treat certain bacterial infections.
Instructions for Penicillin VK
- Take 1 tablet four times daily (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at night) for 10 days.
- Take on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
- Do not skip doses or discontinue without consulting your doctor.
- Make sure that you take all of the medication in order to complete your treatment even if feeling better.
- Maintain adequate hydration.
Possible side effects
- You may experience some side effects including nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If any of these symptoms are severe or persist, talk to your doctor.
- Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, immediately go to emergency room or call 911.
- Severe rash, hives, itching, shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
**Do not drink alcohol during your treatment phase of 10 days.
**Do not have sexual contact with another person with or without a condom for 14 days. **Store tablets at room temperature. Avoid the direct exposure to sun or moisture.
Updated on: January 2, 2019